Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form N-400, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:

How to complete any Form N-400 online:

  1. On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
  2. Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
  3. Add your own info and speak to data.
  4. Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
  5. Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
  6. Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our Assistance team.
  7. Place an electronic digital unique in your Form N-400 by using Sign Device.
  8. After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
  9. Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.

PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form N-400 from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.


How can I help my co-worker gain us citizenship?
Simple answer: you generally cannot help your “co-worker” gain us citizenship.Now, you haven’t mentioned anything about your or the “co-worker.”Assuming you are a US Citizen ANDYou and the “co-worker” are both single ANDyou love each other ANDare willing to spend the rest of your lives togetherYou could get married and sponsor your “co-worker-spouse” for a dependent visa and eventually a US citizenship.
Do I need a lawyer to apply for US citizenship?
The process of filing a naturalization application is straightforward, and anyone comfortable with the English language and filling out forms could do it without an attorney. An attorney's role in a naturalization application is  more about spotting issues that could cause the application to be denied (and your filing fees lost), or more serious issues that could put your legal status in jeopardy. For instance, I always say if you have ever been detained by the police for any reason you should talk to an attorney before filing an N-400. Sometimes people think they don't have a criminal record because a conviction has been expunged or a charge dismissed. Dismissed charges and expunged convictions need to be dealt with proactively on a naturalization application and this should be handled by an attorney. Also, some convictions that do not seem that serious or are misdemeanors under state law can have serious immigration consequences.Another issue that should be handled by an attorney is a trip abroad of more than 180 days. While this does not necessarily preclude a person from getting a green card, it does require analysis and explanation, best done by an attorney.Other red flags include tax issues (late filings, missed filings, overdue payments), separation shortly after receiving a green card through marriage, problems with child support or alimony, or quitting your job shortly after receiving your green card through work.Also, if you have a US citizen parent, at least speak briefly with an attorney before filing. It continually surprises me how frequently it happens that people have automatically derived citizenship through their parents without knowing it. In this situation, you will not be allowed to naturalize because you are already a citizen. This means you lose the money and time spent on the naturalization application, and then have to spend more money and time going through the different process of applying for proof of citizenship.If none of these factors apply to your situation, you could probably file your own N-400 without a problem. I agree with Joseph, however, that sometimes us attorneys can still be useful for simple cases! For instance, sometimes the government will issue nonsensical demands for unnecessary or irrelevant evidence, or an untrained officer will take a mistaken view of the law. In these cases it is faster and much less stressful to have an attorney who sees this sort of thing every day advocating for you. That's my totally biased two cents!
What should I do if I don't have written records/recollection of when and how many times I crossed the US/Canada border via road (for weekend escapes) when I am filing US USCIS citizenship N-400 application?
CBP will have a record of your entries into the United States. You can only get this information by filing a FOIA request, which can be done here: U.S. Customs and Border Protection. My own experience with this is that is takes quite a while to get a response - my own request took just over a year.Canada also maintains a database with records of entries in CBSA’s ICES system. You can make a request for this information from CBSA here: Travel History Report. The processing time is much faster, typically less than a month.If you get the Canadian report, you will have the dates you entered Canada. Hopefully this will jog your memory enough to remember each trip and how long it was so as to complete your N-400. All USCIS will expect is that you make a good faith effort to be as accurate as possible. If you miss the odd day or weekend trip it will be no big deal. The trips that matter are the long ones that may break the period of continuous residence required for naturalization. USCIS will also make a judgement call if your trips, while frequent and short, constitute a pattern of being outside the U.S. more than in it. If you just like to visit Canada (and who doesn’t - the country is quite beautiful,) you shouldn’t have a problem.
How hard is it to get a us citizenship?
Well it entirely depends on individual history. You come into the USA on legal status, get a job, work 5 days a week, drive your car safely without any citations & tickets & apply for green card after met with all the requirements. If everything went well, one can get their green card in a 5/6 year period based on the category under which his GC was processed. And after getting GC one should stay inside the country for 5 years to get eligibility to apply for citizenship. On average one can get citizenship in 1 year period.There are other ways to get GC, which is the though part in the process, such as filing GC under EB1 category, investors GC, marriage to a GC or citizen, etc
If my spouse refuses to tell the date she became a U.S. citizen, can I still apply for citizenship as a permanent resident of the U.S.?
You should be able to. I don't see why not.I know that there is a field on the N-400 form asking you for the date your spouse became a US citizen, if not at birth. If you don't know, just put as much as you know (e.g. year) or if you don't know anything, just put "unknown". It might raise quetions, but it shouldn't necessarily affect your eligibility to naturalize per se.It will probably mean you do not qualify to naturalize under the 3-year rule, since to qualify for that, your spouse must have been a citizen for at least 3 years, which cannot be verified if you don't know when they became a citizen (unless you can show that they've been citizen for at least 3 years, even though you don't know how long). Plus, the nature of the marriage is an issue when applying under the 3-year rule, and not telling you information to fill out your application form would suggest that your marriage may not be legitimate. Therefore, you can probably only apply under the 5-year rule.If you got permanent residency through the marriage, the revelation that your marriage is not going well could also lead them to investigate whether the marriage was genuine at the time you got your permanent residency, so there is some risk in that case.If that fails, another solution: divorce your spouse. Although you have to give some information about former spouses on N-400, it doesn't ask for the date they became a citizen.
Should I hire a lawyer to help me complete my naturalization application? Do applicants generally hire lawyers to help with the application process? What are good online resources if I run into any questions during the process?
I'm going to chime in and say probably not....If you don't have a criminal background, you've maintained a good record of all your immigration/travel/residence documentation, and you are pretty self-sufficient when it comes to navigating through government processes (e.g.: you file your own taxes), then you could probably apply and go through this process on your own without hiring an attorney.  The naturalization government filing fees are very expensive for the average Joe so save your money where you can.Unless ... you want assurance and don't mind spending the money on legal fees, it doesn't hurt to hire an attorney.  They'll do most of the work for you and prepare you for your interview and what to expect.Also, if there are "issues" such as the ones described below (and this applies for anyone seeking to get naturalized):- prior arrests- prior convictions (misdemeanor or felonies) either in the U.S. or in another country- if the greencard was obtained based on marriage to a U.S. citizen and there are problems in the marriage (i.e. not living together, divorce, etc.)- lack of documentation- lack of English proficiency- other issuesthen it may be helpful to consult with an immigration attorney to see if hiring one would be in your best interest.I've helped friends and family  (pro bono) get naturalized and I can say that the times that I did, they didn't use an attorney (although they had me helping) and it was a fairly straightforward process.Your best resource is to connect with people you know personally who have navigated this process successfully and get their input. USCIS' website is also a great resource. They've come a long way with their website and it is a wealth of information.  For self study, the 100 civics questions can be found here:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site...Your application is not approved quicker because you hire an attorney but in the event you run into problems, or your "case" was a problematic one to begin with, it may be a good idea to hire an attorney.Sorry to be so verbose.  The best of luck to you!** A friendly caveat that this forum is neither private nor confidential.  This post should not to be construed as confidential legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been established as a result of this post :-)
How long does it take to from green card to US citizenship? Can you speed it up?
In order to get naturalized in the United States you need to:* Secure green card (permanent residency)* Live in the US for a certain amount of time* Apply for citizenship and get your application approvedOf the steps listed above, the most complicated part is getting your green card. You can get that in four ways:An employment-based green card. This process is done only through an US employer, but any person with extraordinary ability can also be self-sponsored. Keep in mind that UN never sponsors any green card, as it is not a US entity. All those who get their greencard through sponsorship through employer first start as employees of their companies, mostly under L-1 visa (intra-company transferee) or H-1B visa (temporary worker).Through some relative who is a US citizen (sibling, parent, married spouse or child), or a US permanent resident (married spouse or parent of a minor). The most immediate of all these options is through a above 21 US citizen child, a US citizen parent or a US citizen married spouse.Asylum/refugee process, for all those who’ve been persecuted in their home country.Diversity lottery, a process though which US grants 50,000 green cards to few lucky winners. Participation in this lottery is free.Once you have your green card, you must live continuously in the US. If you live with US citizen spouse, you will become eligible after three years for citizenship. Otherwise the duration is five years. Using form N-400, you can apply for naturalization 90 days earlier. You’ll have to fill out a lengthy form, including names of all organizations you’ve been affiliated with (outside the US) in the past five years, be background checked and fingerprinted. You will also have to learn towards English and civic test (not that difficult), and take a test, be interviewed, and so on. Finally, in the end your oath ceremony will arrive. It is presided over by a federal judge where pledge of allegiance is said. You will sing The Star-Spangled Banner!If you’re interested in potentially applying for a green card you should visit us at LawTrades. Our legal marketplace makes the most sense when it comes to the immigration process. We have skilled on-demand attorneys available to guide you through the application process for much less than a law firm. Visit us for a free initial consultation! Best of luck.
If you believe that this page should be taken down, please follow our DMCA take down process here.